Thursday, September 08, 2005
Cry My Beloved India – II
1. Artificial Limb - Rig Veda, Modern Science - 20th Century
2. Number of Chromosomes (23) - Mahabharath (5500 BCE), Modern Science - 1890 AD
3. Beginning of Foetal - Eitreya Upanishad (6000 BCE), Modern Science - 1972 AD
4. Test tube babies (from Ovum/Sperm) - Mahabharath, Modern Science - Not Yet
5. Elongation of Life in Space travel - Srimad Bhagawatham, Modern Science - Not Yet
6. Life in trees and plants - Mahabharath, Modern Science - 19th Century
7. Space travel to another Solar System - Srimad Bhagawatham Modern Science - In Trials
8. Phosphorescent rays at the Bay of Pisco, Peru, South America - Valmiki Ramayan (~7300 BCE), Modern Science - 1960
9. Trans-Saturnean Planets - Mahabharath, Modern Science - 17th-19th Century
10. Atom (Divisible & Indivisible) - Srimad Bhagawatham, Modern Science - 1800 AD
Indian's of special note
1. Rabindranath Tagore 1891-1941 " Oneness amongst men, unity among diversity, is the core religion of India"
2. Sir C.V.Raman 1888-1970 Noble Laureate for Physics
3. Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose 1858-1937, USA based Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, proved a century old suspicion that it was Jagadish Chandra Bose, and not Marconi, the father of wireless-communication.
4. Satyendranath Bose 1894-1974 His collaboration works with Einstein, led to a new branch of statistical mechanics known as "Einstein-Bose" statistics.
5. Srinivasa Ramanujam 1887-1920 Proved over 3,542 theorems and postulates at Trinity College, Cambridge, UK.
To be contd....